DSS-P Programmer for KORG DSS-1 Sampling Synthesizer (Pre-order)
This listing is a pre-order for the upcoming DSS-P programmer for Korg DSS-1 Sampling Synthesizers. The product is under development now, and is expected to begin shipping around May or June 2020. Discounted pre-order price is $835. MSRP after pre-order period is expected to be around $899.
- DSS-P will feature 64 30mm sliders, corresponding to the program parameters on the DSS-1.
- 5.5" x 3.2" full color touch screen for deep editing
- Patch generator feature that will intelligently generate musically useful pads, polysynths, basses, bells, clavichord, string sounds and more. Patch generator will allow users to "mask" any sections of the synthesizer, so the masked sections will not be changed when a new patch is generated.
- On-board multisound banks will feature custom Retroaktiv samples of classic synthesizer waveforms from Minimoog, ARP Odyssey, ARP Omni, Rhodes Chroma and more.
- Ability to download full lists of program parameters, multisounds, and PCM data and display all information on the touch screen.
- Assignable X-Y controls on the touch screen for modifying multiple parameters at once with the XY.
- Operating system of the DSS-P can be updated using a MIDI SYSEX file, allowing for continuous feature updates and future OS developments.
- Data entry can be done using the touch screen and the encoder/cursor buttons.
- CC to sysex translation of program parameters
- Sleek powder-coated metal enclosure measures 8.75" (5U) x 17" x 3". Optional rack ears can be purchased when units are shipping.
- MIDI IN, MIDI OUT, MIDI THRU
IMPORTANT NOTES: The DSS-1 does not allow for smooth parameter changes when edited by sysex. This means that when most parameters are changed, there may be audible hiccups as the DSS-1's output buffer is altered. This is due to the design of the DSS-1 and is not being caused by the DSS-P. Many parameter changes will not be heard until a new note is keyed on the DSS-1
Shipping is not included in the pre-order price. This is because we do not know what shipping prices will be in 6 months, as they are always fluctuating. Your shipping invoice will be provided when units are ready to ship. Please also be aware that the June shipping date is an estimate. Units may ship a bit before or a bit after this date, depending on production issues and timelines. We work with other manufacturers that build our boards and our enclosures. They often have production delays, just like we do. If you pre-order, please do not harass us about the arrival date. We always work to get the products released as fast as possible. All of our controllers that we offer were fundraised and produced in the exact same manner as this one. We raise the funds for production with the pre-orders, and in exchange for funding the production, we offer pre-order customers a discount. As always, we appreciate your patronage and support for this and our other synthesizer products. None of this would be possible without that.
A user group will be created for those who pre-order, so they can follow the progress of production. The group will be quiet at first, but as development progresses, more and more content and updates will be added. We've found that this is the best way to keep our customers updated as to what is happening with the project, and it also allows customers to give valuable user feedback and feature requests.